William C. Walsh, MD
I am an orthopedic surgeon who has practiced at Winchester Hospital since 1987. I have extensive experience in hip and knee arthroplasty, arthroscopic surgery and the non-surgical treatment of a wide variety of orthopedic problems. After 25 years of solo practice, I am very pleased to join Excel.
This new affiliation will assure that my patients continue to receive outstanding orthopedic care and allow me the opportunity to transition from full time to part time clinical practice as I pursue non clinical interests in the area of healthcare.
I am a lifelong resident of Greater Boston and a devoted fan of Boston sports teams. I also enjoy college football, fishing and golf.
- Tufts University, Medford, MA-BS magna cum laude 1977
- Tufts Medical School, Boston, MA-MD 1981
- General Surgery Internship & Residency, St. Elizabeth’s of Boston 1983
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Tufts Medical Center 1986
- Chief Resident, New England Baptist Hospital 1986
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery 1989
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 1991
- Chairman, Dept. Orthopedic Surgery, Winchester Hospital 2006-2011
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Tufts Medical School
- U.S News and World Report “Top Doctor”, 2011