PETER S. VEZERIDIS, MD – ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON
Dr. Peter S. Vezeridis, MD is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon. He specializes in shoulder surgery and sports medicine. He has a particular expertise in complex shoulder surgery including anatomic and reverse shoulder replacements.
A native of Rhode Island, Dr. Vezeridis attended Brown University where he obtained an Sc.B. degree with Honors and graduated Magna Cum Laude. He then attended Brown Medical School. During medical school, Dr. Vezeridis was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to the Netherlands to perform orthopaedic basic science research. He was also a medical volunteer at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece.
Dr. Vezeridis completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program in Boston. He served as a Chief Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.
After residency, Dr. Vezeridis completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital. During fellowship, he was an assistant team physician for the New England Patriots, the Boston Red Sox, the Boston Bruins, and the New England Revolution. Following his Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery fellowship, Dr. Vezeridis completed a European traveling fellowship in advanced shoulder surgery. During this time, he learned from several of the world’s pre-eminent shoulder surgeons including Dr. Laurent Lafosse in Annecy, France, Dr. Gilles Walch in Lyon, France, and Dr. Christian Gerber in Zurich, Switzerland. Dr. Vezeridis was also awarded an AO Trauma Fellowship at the Charité Hospital in Berlin, Germany.
Prior to joining Excel, Dr. Vezeridis was an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at UCLA where he served as a team physician for several UCLA athletic teams. He currently serves as a faculty member for the San Diego Shoulder Course. Dr. Vezeridis is accepting new patients.
- Brown University, Providence, RI – Sc.B. 2002
- Brown Medical School, Providence, RI – MD 2007
- Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency, Boston, MA – 2012
- Harvard / Massachusetts General Hospital Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship, Boston, MA – 2013
- European Traveling Fellowship in Advanced Shoulder Surgery– 2014
- AO Trauma Fellowship, Berlin, Germany– 2014
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – 2016
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine – 2017
- San Diego Shoulder Course Faculty – 2016, 2017, 2018
Click here for a link to Dr. Vezeridis’ publications
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Vezeridis, please call 781.782.1361.
Medical Secretary Medical Assistant Surgery Coordinator
Kristen Roan Kaitlin Enos Melissa Hood
781.782.1340 781.782.1300 781.782.1310