Dr. Alessandro is the current Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at Winchester Hospital. He is a board-certified, fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in surgery of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. He is skilled in both arthroscopic and open techniques. He also performs joint replacement surgery for the shoulder and knee, and performed the first reverse total shoulder replacement every done at Winchester Hospital in 2005.
Dr. Alessandro specializes in the following techniques:
Shoulder - arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, labral repair, biceps tendon surgery, anatomic and reverse total shoulder replacements, shoulder trauma
Hand - endoscopic carpal tunnel release, trigger finger release, thumb CMC arthroplasty, arthritis surgery, Dupuytren's contracture surgery, fracture care
Wrist and Elbow - distal radius fracture surgery, elbow fracture surgery, nerve release, distal biceps tendon repai
Dr. Alessandro continues to perform arthroscopic surgery of the knee and total knee replacement surgery. For all orthopedic care, he emphasizes the latest techniques for both operative and non-operative orthopedic treatment. Dr. Alessandro is accepting new patients.
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ – AB 1988
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA – MD 1992
- Tufts Affiliated Hospitals Orthopaedic Residency, Boston, MA 1997
- Mass General Hospital Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship, Boston, MA 1998
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2000
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2002